The purpose of this page is to educate you on what alternative cancer treatment really is and what it is NOT. We will be sharing news on alternative cancer treatments that is not focused on killing cancer cells with chemicals and radiation but instead working to balance the systems of the body so it can do what God designed it to do from the beginning – heal naturally.
So often people from around the country contact Total Health Institute and ask our staff these questions:
Do you do alternative cancer treatment?
Do you treat cancer?
The answer is NO!
We do not treat any symptom, condition or disease. We never have and never will. But what we do is treat the cause of all symptoms, conditions and diseases instead of treating the effects which are the actual symptoms, conditions and diseases that have manifested from imbalances in the body/mind complex.
It is important to understand that alternative cancer treatment (which could be defined as an alternative to standard cancer treatment when standard cancer treatment has failed and there are no other medical options or an addition to standard cancer treatment to minimize its toxic side effects and to promote healing) has the objective to heal the whole body and mind naturally. The World Health Organization defines health as a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
Every symptom, condition and disease is able to heal naturally without drugs or surgeries if one does not wait too long or toxify the body with too many chemicals.
Think on this
If a person who has been diagnosed with advanced cancer has two weeks to live and you cut that person’s finger, what does it do? IT HEALS! If the finger heals why doesn’t the malignant tumor heal in the breast, or the lung? The answer is BLOCKAGE. There is no blockage of the flow of life to the finger but there is blockage in the flow of life to the breast, the lung, etc.
Remove the blockage then you will see life and health restored, naturally.
To heal you must bring these systems of the body back into balance:
Priority is everything:
- Nervous system – brain, brainstem, hypothalamus sympathetic/parasympathetic
- Immune system (circulating nervous system) – WBCs T cells, B cells
- Hormonal system – pituitary, thyroid, thymus, pancreas, adrenals, ovaries/testes
- Respiratory system – the route to bring the oxygen into the body and remove CO2 and waste products from the body
- Vascular system – blood brings oxygen and food to every cell and removes CO2 and waste products
- Digestive system – if you do not digest- you become deficient and toxic
- Elimination system – toxins both endo and exo need to be removed
- Lymphatic system – 2/3rds of the WBC and sewer system for toxin removal
- Reproductive system – produces the hormones that maintain vitality
- Structural/Musculoskeletal system – coordinates movement in the body and protects the nervous system
Along with balancing the:
- Biochemistry of the body
- Mental/emotional state by balancing the neurotransmitters and releasing stored mental/emotional toxins
Everything in Life exists because of ENERGY.
- Energy gives life to every cell in your body. There are four forms of energy that keep the human body healthy. Symptoms, conditions and diseases begin when the flow of this energy is blocked. If all forms of energy were unblocked then the body would do what God created it to do-it would HEAL. You will not heal until all these forms of energy are unblocked.
- Energy is the power to run the body and mind. This is the circuit breaker or fuse box in your house.
- Once the power is turned on then you must learn how to keep it on. We teach you how to live the total health lifestyle. You cannot plug 20 things into one outlet, only 2 things or else you blow the fuse, you shut off the power.
- The treatments turn the power on to all organs.
- The teaching shows you how to keep the power on permanently. Teaches you how not to blow the fuses.
Alternative Cancer Treatments in More Detail
Is cancer really trying to kill you?
According to the toxicity and disease model, cancer forms when toxicity builds up to the point that it spills over from the blood to the space between the blood and the cells called the extracellular matrix and then finally spills over into the cell itself and enters the nucleus of the cell where the DNA and genetic material are made. When toxins enter into the nucleus the cell has one final attempt to survive, it dedifferentiates into stem cells to try to adapt to a toxic, hostile environment. The stem cell can change into any cell type and also grow very rapidly.
So if the cells have a God given wisdom to transform into cancer stem cells to adapt to a toxic environment then how do you cause the cancer stem cells to revert back into normal cells? Is this done by adding more toxins like chemotherapy or by removing the toxic load and upgrading the performance of all systems, glands and organs? The answer is obvious. Cancer cells are not some foreign invader that should be killed.
Cancer cells are your cells with the inherent wisdom to survive. To get them to change back into normal cells calls for an change in the internal environment. Cancer cells grow rapidly with high toxins, low oxygen, high sugar and an acidic environment. Cancer cells would have no reason to be cancer cells if the environment had no toxins, high oxygen, low sugar and alkaline. This is because this is the environment that healthy cells thrive in. Change the environment and you change the cancer cells back into normal cells. All alternative cancer treatments must understand this basic premise in order to be successful.
The new research in cancer treatment is to find a way to target cancer stem cells which are the cells that drive the cancer growth. Chemotherapy up to date has only had success in killing the non-stem cell cancer cells. These are the cancer cells that grow from the core stem cancer cells. The problem is when you use toxic chemotherapy to try to kill the cancer cells all you accomplish is a temporary killing of the outer layer of non-stem cancer cells. The true source of the cancer proliferation is the cancer stem cells which are not killed with chemotherapy.
So when a person has multiple rounds of chemotherapy and everyone is pleased because the tumor is shrinking do not get too excited because what is usually happening is a killing of the non-stem cell and a production of a more aggressive growing cancer stem cell that is drug resistant. The term is MDR or multiple drug resistance. This is similar to when a person takes too many antibiotics and the bacteria grow stronger and more antibiotic resistant. The same happens with cancer stem cells. This is why people see a shrinking of tumors but then the cancer returns worse than ever before. This is because you did not change the internal environment to make it one that promotes health but instead you tried to kill your cancer cells.
So what is the answer?
If you put garbage on your driveway it will attract flies. How many cans of fly spray will it take to kill all the flies? Infinite! The flies will always be attracted to the garbage no matter how many you kill there will always be more coming. How do you get rid of the flies? Remove the garbage and the flies will leave because they have no reason to be there anymore. In this analogy the flies are the cancer cells, the fly spray is chemotherapy and the garbage is the internal environment you have created with poor diet, lifestyle and stress. Change the environment and you will change the disease. Alternative cancer treatment must focus on changing the environment instead of trying to kill cancer cells.
Why doesn’t chemotherapy and radiation kill cancer stem cells?
Scientists don’t know for sure. Since chemotherapy and radiation kill cells that divide often, stem cells may be less vulnerable because they rarely divide. Some scientists believe cancer stem cells may have genetic mutations that make them resistant to damage from chemotherapy or radiation, or cancer stem cells may be able to repair DNA damage more rapidly than normal cells.
Max S. Wicha, M.D., Distinguished Professor of Oncology and director of the U-M Comprehensive Cancer Center says “Developing treatments that effectively target the cancer stem cell population is essential for improving outcomes.”
What are stem cells?
Every organ and type of tissue in the body contains a small number of what scientists call “adult” or “tissue” stem cells. Since most cells in the body live for just a short time, the body needs to keep making new cells to replace them. Adult stem cells ensure a continuous supply of new cells to replace old cells that wear out or are destroyed.
Stem cells have properties that make them different from ordinary cells.
- They divide – Stem cells can divide to make exact copies of themselves – a property scientists call self-renewal.
- They differentiate – Stem cells can differentiate to make specialized cells called progenitor cells that go on to form the organs and tissues in the human body.
- They duplicate – Every time a stem cell divides, it makes one exact copy and one progenitor cell. When the progenitor cell divides, it produces two cells that are somewhat more specialized. Each generation of new cells is more specialized than the previous generation until, eventually, mature cells are produced.
- They divide indefinitely – Many cells can divide to make copies of themselves, but they can only divide a certain number of times before they die. Stem cells can keep dividing indefinitely. Because stem cells are essentially immortal, the body keeps them under tight control, so they will divide only when a new supply of cells is needed.
” I have never heard of cancer stem cells being the cause of cancer and that they should be the target in treatment. Is this in the research?”
It is in the latest research published by the British Journal of Cancer:
British Journal of Cancer (2011) Published 10 May 2011
An increase in cancer stem cell population after primary systemic therapy is a poor prognostic factor in breast cancer
The cancer stem cell (CSC) hypothesis has important clinical implications for cancer therapeutics because of the proposed role of CSCs in chemoresistance. The aim of this study was to investigate changes in the CSC populations before and after primary systemic therapy (PST) and their prognostic role in human breast cancer.
A higher proportion of CD44+/CD24? tumour cells and ALDH1 positivity in pre-chemotherapy tissue was correlated with higher histologic grade, oestrogen receptor (ER) negativity, high Ki-67 proliferation index and basal-like subtype of breast cancer. Aldehyde dehydrogenase 1 positivity in pre-chemotherapy biopsy was also associated with a higher rate of pathologic complete response following PST. In comparisons of putative CSC populations before and after PST, the proportions of CD44+/CD24? and ALDH1+ tumour cells were significantly increased after PST. The cases with increased CD44+/CD24? tumour cell populations after PST showed high Ki-67 proliferation index in post-chemotherapy specimens and those with increased ALDH1+ tumour cell population after PST were associated with ER negativity and p53 overexpression. Furthermore, cases showing such an increase had significantly shorter disease-free survival time than those with no change or a reduced number of CSCs…
The present study provides the clinical evidence that the putative CSCs in breast cancer are chemoresistant and are associated with tumour progression, emphasising the need for targeting of CSCs in the breast cancer therapeutics.
The CSC hypothesis has important clinical implications for cancer therapeutics because of the suggested role of CSCs in chemoresistance (Kakarala and Wicha, 2008). There is increasing evidence that CSCs are naturally resistant to chemotherapy on account of their quiescence, more efficient DNA repair, resistance to apoptosis and expression of drug-resistance proteins, such as ATP-binding cassette transporters (ABCG2 and ABCG5) and multidrug-resistance protein 1 transporters (Dean et al, 2005). If this is correct, a small population of chemoresistant CSCs may resist killing by conventional chemotherapy, whereas majority of tumour cells, which are differentiated cells that lack ‘stemness’, may be killed. The tumour could, therefore, regrow after chemotherapy because of the capacity for self-renewal of these CSCs.